Now that there are FOUR courses live at Piano And Voice With Brenda, I have been getting a lot of questions about which course to choose. This quick little list should help you get started choosing the perfect course to help you get secure at the keyboard. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at brenda(at) pianoandvoicewithbrenda (dot) com. I’m here to help!
Piano Skills for Singers Level 1 is for you if:
- You have never played piano before
- You haven’t taken piano lessons in a long time
- You want a simple starting point
- You want to get back into a practice routine and regain some technical fluidity
Piano Skills for Level 2 is for you if:
- You have completed Level 1
- You have piano experience, but there are a lot of gaps in your ability
- You need to learn how to play chords
- You need to learn how to create your own accompaniments
- You need to learn how to play voice exercises in 12 keys easily
Do you have to be a singer to take Piano Skills for Singers?
Absolutely not! Although these courses are geared towards singers, anyone would benefit from these well organized and easy-to-use courses.
Jazz Piano Accompaniment is for you if:
- You have taken Level 2
- You are a classically trained pianist and want to learn jazz
- You want to learn how to play from a fake book
- You can play chords and you want to play authentic jazz accompaniment
*If you can’t play chords fluidly, you can purchase the “Learn to Play Chords Symbols” course at a deep discount.
Piano Improvisation for Everyone! is for you if:
- You are a classically trained pianist who wants to learn how to improvise
- You are looking for a fresh new way to explore your creativity at the keyboard
- You are a piano teacher looking for a new bag of tricks to share with your students
- You want to develop your technical fluidity on the piano in a more creative way
- You are a jazz player who wants to develop a deeper connection to improvisation
- You are a circle singer or vocal improviser who is looking for a deeper toolkit
- You are a songwriter or a composer looking for more inspiration
Private lessons are best for you if:
- You are having technical difficulties, like tension, discomfort when you are playing, etc.
- You have a specific set of concerns that are not covered by the courses
- You prefer one-on-one instruction
- You want to kick start your online course experience
- You want to work on your singing (I teach that too!)
- You have completed one or more of the courses and are keen to find the next step
- You want to take occasional or regular lessons via Skype, FaceTime or Zoom